- We only ask for personal information that we require.
- We will only use this information to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected, such as the recruitment process or the marketing process.
- We’ll tell you what information we have recorded about you.
- If you would like any personal information changed or deleted, just ask.
Using cookies helps us provide you with a better experience by enabling us to recognise you and save your preferences, provide customised content and service, an enhanced experience of the Website and to improve our website. Most browsers allow you to reject cookies. Blocking cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of the Website.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the Website. Session cookies are deleted from your computer on closing your browser. Session cookies typically store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user. Persistent cookies on the other hand remain stored on your computer until deleted or until they reach the expiry date. Persistent cookies allow our website to recognise you when you return, track your preferences and customise content or services for you.
- First party cookies are employed on our website to enable us to recognise you and to personalise and manage how you experience our Website.
- Third party cookies that are employed on the Website are largely for advertising, statistical or add-in functionalities.
- In order to understand the use of the Website, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics generates statistical information about website use by means of cookies.
- Our payment services providers/online booking solution providers and loyalty program
solution providers may also send you cookies.
- Our advertising services providers may also send you targeting cookies.
- We may use add-in functionalities for enhanced user experience through third party software plug-ins. These plug-in software’s may also send you cookies.
- We have no control over third party cookies.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may voluntarily give us your personal information that identifies who you are by
- Creating an online account on the Website, or
- Filling up and submitting forms on our website, or
- Filling up email subscription forms on our website, or
- Filling up reservations or other forms at our hotel premises, or
- Filling up forms at any of our events, or
- Filling up forms at a trade fair in which we participated, or
- By corresponding with us over phone, email, online chat, or other means, or
- Placing a reservation through our booking engine, which is hosted and managed by a third party, or
- Registering for our loyalty programme, which is hosted and managed by a third party, or
- Entering an online contest, or
- Participating in an online survey, or
- Reporting a customer service request or a problem, or
- Submitting a review or feedback, or
- Submitting a testimonial, or
- Enquiring about our services
When you visit our website, our web server automatically records some information about your visit but does not recognise or record individual information that identifies who you are unless you actively give us personal information voluntarily that identifies who you are.
The information we record and use for statistical purposes include but is not limited to:
- Your server addresses
- The date and time of visit
- Duration of visit
- Number of pages viewed
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site visited
- Type of device visited from
- Type of browser used
- Language preference
- And other such analytical information
By using our website, you consent to us processing your information for the purposes for which this information was collected and contacting you by SMS, email, phone, mobile app notification
or any other means.
Why do we need the information that we collect from you?
Your personal information is used by Clarence House Nairobi for various legitimate business purposes, all of which are undertaken to provide you with the reliable, timely and excellent data delivery, analytics and other services you expect from Clarence House Nairobi.
These purposes are:
- To register you as a user on our websites and other client portals. This applies whether
you signed up directly with us as a user or were identified as a user by someone within your organization.
- For invoicing purposes and for credit card payment processing, using a third-party vendor.
- To contact you (whether by phone or email), if necessary, about your order.
- If you are an employee or representative of one of our hotel clients, to contact you to inquire about your data or your competitive set selection, and to discuss your contract renewal.
- To notify you about other Clarence House Nairobi products and services, or events, in which you may be interested.
- To notify you about any updates or maintenance to our websites.
- For direct marketing and advertising purposes. However, we do not sell our client lists to any other third parties for use in their marketing campaigns. Also, at any time you may opt out of receiving such marketing materials and solicitations from us.
- Clarence House Nairobi webmasters use cookie information to analyse the number of visitors to different areas of the websites, to determine how long users are remaining on
the sites. This information helps us make sure that our websites are serving as a useful, effective information source for you.
- To analyse and report on the results of surveys or other research methods, which in turn enables our customers to understand who is visiting their attractions and why, and what they can do to improve their offerings.
- To comply with our legal and contractual obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce agreements
Third party websites
We do not disclose or sell your personal information to others for use in their mailing lists or databases. We use your personal information internally and share it with other people or organisations who need to know it as part of working with us in our normal business activities (e.g., Suppliers). We may need to share your personal information with a few trusted parties, with or without obtaining your consent, that help us provide our services.
- Law enforcement agencies or governmental organisations where disclosures are required
by applicable law
- Our group companies including but not limited to franchisees and managed hotels
- Banks and payment gateway service providers
- Advertising and marketing agencies
- Advertising and marketing agencies
- Any successors to our business
- Other service providers
SALE OF BUSINESS OR SALE OF ASSETS
SECURITY OVER INTERNET
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, alteration, or misuse of your personal information. No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be a hundred percent
secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. However, Clarence House Nairobi uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its website, email, and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction.